Immune Support Educohealth
Immune Support – Vital information to help keep you safe.
Our world is a very changed place from even a few months ago. It has been
turned on its head and people are anxiously looking for answers as to what to do. While it’s very good to follow established protocols in helping stem this serious threat, social distancing, hand washing, etc, one avenue is being largely overlooked. That avenue is how our own immune system can best help us stay healthy.
Having a strong healthy immune system is an invaluable aid in ensuring we are at our best. You could liken our immune system to a well trained defence force that does an amazing job protecting us from foreign invaders like germs, harmful bacteria and viruses.
The big question is, are you supporting your immune system to help you with this or are you shooting yourself in the foot by not feeding it what it needs to do its job properly.
To understand more clearly, certain foods we eat support our immune system and allow it to be really there for us when we need it most. Other foods can irritate our immune system and throw it out of balance. This in turn can affect its ability to do what it’s supposed to do: keep us healthy.
Foods that are not recommended include : Sugar, junk food, cakes, biscuits, sweets, icecream, chocolate, soft sugary drinks and fast food.
Foods that help support your immune system include: Freshly squeezed orange juice, lemons, pineapples, fresh berries, kiwis, papaya, spinach, beetroot, garlic, turmeric, ginger, red peppers, broccoli, green tea and pumpkin seeds.
Eating a good healthy diet high in fresh fruit and vegetables is a great cornerstone to this whole program.
Bring on the Immune Support
Good quality health supplements can also add real worth to this approach. In particular vitamins C and the mineral zinc can lend valued support to you at this time. They can perform very valuable functions in our body’s natural response to these harmful invaders.
Some amazing functions of vitamin C
- It contributes the normal function of the immune system, which is especially important in the present circumstances.
- It also contributes to the normal function of the immune system during and after intense exercise.
- For those interested in skin care it contributes to normal collagen formation for normal function of blood vessels.
- Those interested in joint health will be pleased to see how it contributes to normal collagen formation of cartilage.
- It also contributes to normal collagen formation for teeth and gums.
- If energy is your problem, vitamin C contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Those interested in mental health will be interested in how it contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system and psychological function.
It is amazing how vitamin C makes such a big contribution to our body.
Zinc – The Unsung Hero
- Zinc is something of a superhero in the amount of valuable contributions it makes to our body.
- For those interested in digestion it contributes to normal functions of carbohydrate metabolism, protein synthesis, metabolism of fatty acids and macronutrient metabolism.
- If you are into keeping mentally at your best, zinc contributes to normal cognitive function.
- Eye health is a huge concern to many; zinc scores here by contributing to normal vision.
- Zinc also contributes to the maintenance of normal bones, skin, nails and hair.
- Those concerned with reproduction should consider the role of zinc in contributing to normal fertility and reproduction. It also contributes to normal testosterone levels in the blood.
Our unsung superhero does all of this for us and in the process helps us operate in a competent normal level of health. (see more on zinc here)
Start Today to Make the Difference
Include as much of the immune support foods as you can during the day. Consider taking vitamin supplements containing vitamin C and zinc. Try taking 1000mg to 2000mg of vitamin C and one zinc capsule a day. They can lend added valued support to you. Help your body help you.
Hopefully you will find this useful and help keep you safe.