St Patrick’s Day Recipes
Happy St Patrick’s celebrations to all our friends near and far. Kick Start the day healthy and go green with this delicious smoothie, followed by the dish we all love ‘Corned Beef Hash’ the healthier way. Enjoy!
Lucky Charms Green Smoothie
- 1 banana
- A handful of frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup of skim milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup of frozen spinach or 2 cups fresh spinach (you won’t taste the spinach!)
- Blitz together in a blender.
Corned Beef Hash
There are so many vegetables in this corned beef hash recipe that it makes it a full balanced meal for breakfast. Shredded Brussels sprouts would also be great in this dish, maybe?
Meat – 10 oz Corned beef or cooked bacon or ham, cooked
- 2 Carrots
- 1/4 tsp Thyme, dried
- 1 Yellow onion, diced (1 1/2 cups), large
- 1 Zucchini, medium
- 4 Eggs, fresh
- 1 Pepper, green or yellow
- 1 Salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2tbsp of minced fresh parsley
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY CORNED BEEF HASH:
This hash is cooked in two stages.
- First sauté the vegetables to get them softened and starting to brown. Toss in shredded corned beef and brown it in the pan for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer the hash to an ovenproof dish and keep it warm in the oven while you brown the potatoes. Stir potatoes in with the rest of the ingredients. Make 4 wells and crack the four eggs on top of the wells. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 20-25 mins. Enjoy!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day from all at Educohealth – Caroline Middleton